In a recent report of Colorado private market trends, Ansarada & PitchBook highlight trends across private equity, venture capital, and M&A transactions. The report lists Rockies Venture Club as among the most active investors in Boulder & Denver.
Colorado’s private markets roughly doubled in the last decade, with Colorado VCs bringing in about 7% of all US VC deal volume. Also contributing to this growth is strong accelerator programs like Techstars, strong out-of-state investment coming in locally, abundant PE and M&A activity in industries like mining and energy, and over a dozen major tech companies opening offices in the state, bringing in more tech talent.
The report also highlights 6 VC trends to look for in the Colorado startup ecosystem:
1. VC activity is growing in Denver and Boulder
2. Historically diverse sectors, like energy, are shifting
3. Early-stage valuations are climbing
4. VC deals sized up in Denver and down in Boulder
5. Local VCs are becoming more active
6. Outside firm are investing in Colorado startups