For over 28 years, Colorado has looked to the Rockies Venture Club to connect investors, service providers, and entrepreneurs. Rockies Venture Club is a non-profit organization.
RVC 2.0 envisioned in 2012 builds on RVC’s tradition of connecting investors and entrepreneurs and adds active angel groups, more sophisticated training and education, more events, a more diverse community and metric-driven action oriented approach to funding early stage companies.
Demographics are important to us. We have shifted the demographics of the organization to make RVC “investor friendly.” Angels and VCs gain access to hard-to-find deal flow qualified by a strict vetting system and entrepreneur coaching – resulting in high quality pitches from high quality companies. In 2012 the typical RVC event demographics included 25% investors, 50% entrepreneurs and 25% service providers and students. We feel this is the best balance of our community to meet everyone’s needs.
In 2012 RVC Pitched 100 companies. Of those 24 received funding totaling over $15 million. These investments resulted in the creation of over 200 jobs in our state. In 2013 RVC held over 100 events, educational workshops, mastermind groups, angel forums and conferences and RVC pitch companies received over $10 million in funding.
Our mission is to advance Economic Development in the Rocky Mountain Region by actively connecting investors with the most promising entrepreneurial companies, by offering education for both angel investors and entrepreneurs, by hosting angel groups throughout the region and hosting major conferences such as the Angel Capital Summit and Colorado Capital Conference.
In December of 2011, the Rockies Venture Club was re-visioned and re-launched under the guidance of Peter Adams, Executive Director. Peter is co-author of Venture Capital for Dummies (John Wiley & Sons, 2013) and holds a BA from Colorado College and an MBA from Regis University. He has been an entrepreneur five times over, and has spend over a decade in Corporate America as a Director of Economics and CIO for Design Workshop, a national architecture firm. Most recently, he was a strategic consultant for government, non-profit, and private companies. Peter is also the CEO for BizGirls.org, a non-profit summer camp for high-school girls to learn entrepreneurship, and Omniportraits, a for-profit e-commerce venture.
In June of 2013, Sara Rodriguez joined the RVC staff as the Associate Director. Sara holds two BS degrees from Salamanca University and a Master’s Degree from University of Maastricht in Entrepreneurship. She has a history working with start-ups and established companies around the world.
Since 1985, RVC has connected entrepreneurs with angel investors, venture capitalists, service professionals, and other business and funding resources. RVC 2.0 continues to bring the entrepreneurial ecosystem together and recently we have added new events and offerings to better support the community including:
- RVC Monthly Meeting with networking happy hour, four speed pitches, and in-depth educational component.
- Follow-through – all companies that pitch with the RVC will be part the RVC family. We will help support them until they get funded or until they want to pivot and try again.
- Investor Forum – Three groups in Denver, Boulder and Golden meeting monthly for Angels to work together on deals.
- Entrepreneur Funding Mastermind – a monthly mastermind group professionally facilitated to help entrepreneurs hone their strategy, share funding ideas, become accountable for accomplishing their goals and sharing wisdom.
- Education – RVC Academy will include Pitch Coaching plus six additional courses/workshops each year.
- Metrics – we document and measure outcomes including number of firms funded, jobs created, dollars invested, profitable exits, and more.
- Run by the community for the community – we have a tiny staff of two and depend on the time and support of volunteers. Please consider donating your time to the RVC.
- As always, the RVC will continue to produce the Colorado Capital Conference and Angel Capital Summit.
Our mission is simple: foster Colorado’s economic development by helping investors to provide Colorado businesses the resources they need to fund, grow, and manage their companies. Whether you’re an angel investor, an entrepreneur, or a service provider, become part of Colorado’s business success story – join the Rockies Venture Club today!
View RVC Map of Commonly Used Spaces in a larger map